Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing in-plant stores management to a tool management customer. Interacts with customer to handle any tooling or company issues that may arise.
Shift: 3rd working 10:30pm to 6:30AM
Functional Duties & Responsibilities (varies by plant and may include some or all of the following):
- Individual is responsible for handling customer requests in a professional manner. This includes but is not exclusive to Quotations, Expediting, Quality, Delivery and Reports for the plant.
- Item plan maintenance which includes part class reviews, min/max reviews, obsolete tooling review.
- Responsible for item plan change forms.
- Responsible for maintaining delivery issues log.
- Performs cycle counting of inventory. Assists in resolving inventory count discrepancies.
- Monitors tool levels in assigned program to ensure that there is sufficient stock.
- Responsible for storage of tooling.
- Analyzes all warranty issues and facilitates returns and/or replacement of items.
- Monitors stock levels of non-consigned material in unsecure locations.
- Spot checks tool cribs on a regular basis as set forth by management and handles any issues with crib attendants.
- Handles customer complaints and works to resolve any issues that the customer may have. Responsible for initiating “5 Whys”.
- Communicates with CSR’s on expediting issues stock outages..
- Reviews the outgoing materials area for all repair items.
- Works to attain/maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Responsible for reductions in excess and obsolete tooling.
- Works with technicians to resolve any tooling issues.
- Resolves shipment errors with Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. shipping department and plant tool crib.
- Updates CSR’s and Buyers on Obsolete Tooling Notices to ensure proper tool run off and transition to new tooling.
- May attend periodic meetings with plant and tool management personnel, which may include facilitation of TM meetings and/or natural work groups. Also attendance at all requested Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. meetings.
- May be on call 24 hours as assigned or scheduled and take necessary steps to resolve after hours emergencies.\
- Responsible for daily disbursement scans in applicable programs.
- Responsible for assisting in plant “tech personnel” or managing cost reductions, test tools, tool changes, Item Plan and Item Plan changes.
- When applicable, operates Company vehicle safely and reports any mechanical problems; observes established procedures in reporting accidents.
- Performs inventory control tasks such as Receiving, put-away, disbursements and stocking vending machines.
- May gather samples for coolant concentricity tests.
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
- Perform coolant checks on a set schedule for machine to assist in the overall performance of the products
High school diploma, GED, or satisfactory results from Aptitude Test preferred; knowledge and experience in the tooling industry preferred; basic computer knowledge; must pass drug test; must yield satisfactory results from Background Check; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Computer Skills or Training Requirements:
Microsoft Office skills including Excel & Outlook
Must be able to be on your feet for a good part of the day.
Regularly pulls tool drawers open and pushes them closed
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Post-offer and during the course of employment, Mahar Tool Supply Co, Inc. retains the right to evaluate or test whether the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.