Summary of Responsibilities:
Assists the Branch Manager in assuming responsibility for directing the day-to-day activities of the customer service and quote teams in an efficient, cost-effective and profitable manner.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises quoting and customer service employees
- Monitors customer requests and orders to ensure they are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Keeps attendance records and approves vacations.
- Handles customer and internal complaints and monitors CPAR process and resolution of issues.
- Periodically generates reports in the Prophet21 system to track order progress, profitability and department workload.
- Profit review for daily shipments
- Inventory maintenance and allocation
- Performs duties inherent in all supervisory positions.
- Facilitate bi-weekly team meetings
- Consistently monitor all Customer Service Processes to look for opportunities for improvement and efficiencies.
- Will assist in handling urgent issues that may compromise service level
- Operates Company vehicle safely and reports any mechanical problems; observes established procedures in reporting accidents.
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience; experience in the tooling industry preferred; intermediate computer knowledge, including use of purchasing ERP systems, MS Office, etc.; ability to multitask; valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record; must pass drug test and yield satisfactory results from background check
Must be able to sit and type for extended periods of time.
Required to view computer screen for long periods of time.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Post-offer and during the course of employment, Mahar Tool Supply Co, Inc. retains the right to evaluate or test whether the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.