Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for setting goals and objectives, implements and educates employees on the Company’s corporate inventory management policy. Also oversees the control of the Company’s inventory.
Duties include record keeping, inventory verification and establishing appropriate inventory levels, with consideration for demand, re-supply or delivery lead time, storage capacities, shelf life, cost of stock and other factors. Responsibility for forecasting demand is shared with other management staff.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews purchasing policies and suggests changes as required.
- Works with Branch Managers and Executive VP: Purchasing to maximize purchasing system controls.
- Establishes and enforces company inventory polices
- Conducts cycle count audits at customer and Mahar sites
- Constantly seeks to “right-size” inventory.
- Constantly seeks to reduce excessive and obsolete inventory.
- Evaluates points of inventory
- Works with Program Managers and in-plant personnel to maximize inventory levels at the customer site
- Reviews guidelines for initial inventory purchases for new programs
- TM system oversite
- Set parameter and reviews inventory eligibility for consignment.
- Disposition of slow and non moving inventory.
- Works with IT department on inventory related features, modifications, and upgrades
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
Abilities and Additional Skills:
- Candidate must have strong management skills and leadership style that is inclusive but demands accountability
- Candidate must have ability to adapt to change, create an environment that supports change and resolve conflict and lead change
- Candidate must have excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with our P21 ERP system (and has experience with similar systems), including generating, reading reports and using these reports to drive data-driven decisions.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to and work at multiple locations
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience: inventory control, purchasing, distribution, and tooling knowledge. Advanced computer knowledge; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record; must pass drug test and yield satisfactory results from background check.
Computer Skills & Training Required:
Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access, Outlook and Word
Warehouse, CSR, and Buyer CMI’s
P21 inventory control
May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds