Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing in-plant stores management to a tool management customer. Interacts with customer to handle any tooling or company issues that may arise.
Shift Schedule: Night Shift – 10PM – 6:30AM
Functional Duties & Responsibilities (varies by plant and may include some or all of the following):
- Individual is responsible for handling customer requests in a professional manner. This includes but is not exclusive to Quotations, Expediting, Quality, Delivery and Reports for the plant.
- Item plan maintenance which includes part class reviews, min/max reviews, obsolete tooling review.
- Responsible for item plan change forms.
- Responsible for maintaining delivery issues log.
- Performs cycle counting of inventory. Assists in resolving inventory count discrepancies.
- Monitors tool levels in assigned program to ensure that there is sufficient stock.
- Responsible for storage of tooling.
- Analyzes all warranty issues and facilitates returns and/or replacement of items.
- Monitors stock levels of non-consigned material in unsecure locations.
- Spot checks tool cribs on a regular basis as set forth by management and handles any issues with crib attendants.
- Handles customer complaints and works to resolve any issues that the customer may have. Responsible for initiating “5 Whys”.
- Communicates with CSR’s on expediting issues stock outages..
- Reviews the outgoing materials area for all repair items.
- Works to attain/maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Responsible for reductions in excess and obsolete tooling.
- Works with technicians to resolve any tooling issues.
- Resolves shipment errors with Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. shipping department and plant tool crib.
- Updates CSR’s and Buyers on Obsolete Tooling Notices to ensure proper tool run off and transition to new tooling.
- May attend periodic meetings with plant and tool management personnel, which may include facilitation of TM meetings and/or natural work groups. Also attendance at all requested Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. meetings.
- May be on call 24 hours as assigned or scheduled and take necessary steps to resolve after hours emergencies.
- Responsible for daily disbursement scans in applicable programs.
- Responsible for assisting in plant “tech personnel” or managing cost reductions, test tools, tool changes, Item Plan and Item Plan changes.
- When applicable, operates Company vehicle safely and reports any mechanical problems; observes established procedures in reporting accidents.
- Performs inventory control tasks such as Receiving, put-away, disbursements and stocking vending machines.
- May gather samples for coolant concentricity tests.
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
- Perform coolant checks on a set schedule for machine to assist in the overall performance of the products.
High school diploma, GED, or satisfactory results from Aptitude Test preferred; knowledge and experience in the tooling industry preferred; basic computer knowledge; must pass drug test; must yield satisfactory results from Background Check; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Computer Skills or Training Requirements:
Microsoft Office skills including Excel & Outlook
ISO awareness training
Must be able to be on your feet for a good part of the day.
Regularly pulls tool drawers open and pushes them closed
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.