Summary of Responsibilities:
Conducts, coordinates and/or oversees testing of tools for tool management customers. Works with customer to help find more efficient tooling methods and practices. Constantly strives to achieve cost savings for the customer. Analyzes tool cost data to determine testing initiatives.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the customer and vendors to get tooling to the plant when needed. This may include pick-ups and weekend deliveries as needed to keep the plant running, as well as maintaining a 24/7 on call status to the customer.
- Coordinates tool tests with mechanical engineers, tooling suppliers and production for assigned tool management program
- Focuses on cutting tool optimization by providing technical assistance and trouble shooting potential tooling issues.
- Works with Tooling Engineers on all tooling problems to quality, cost and throughput.
- Prepares paperwork for Test Requests (PCDA, Quotes, and cost savings objectives) to present to Engineering.
- Prepares cost savings initiatives through competitive quoting and blanket ordering.
- Responsible for tool testing documentation including requests, monitoring, data collection and reporting.
- Provides cost analysis on current and new tools in cost per piece reports.
- Presents data to engineering, management and finance for approval.
- Monitors usage reports and discusses anomalies with engineering in a proactive manner. Investigates and discusses any abnormal tool usages with respective parties.
- Attends or calls necessary meetings with plant personnel or vendors as needed, including plant managers and manufacturing engineering managers. Also attendance at all requested Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. meetings
- Keeps apprised of new suppliers and technology in the industry and introduces them to the customer.
- Introduces new relevant technology to customer base.
- Works with engineers on new Item Plans and helps maintain existing Item Plans.
- Makes suggestions based on best available tooling source for the application.
- May facilitate regrind repair program.
- Must be willing to do investigation on tooling usage in order to provide root cause analysis for access tooling usages.
- Works with Mahar logistics personnel on competitive quoting and any tooling issues or concerns that arise.
- Provides Item Plan Change Forms to add new tooling, change description/class on existing tooling, or change vendors and pricing.
- Works with manufacturing, engineering and management to assist in any projects as needed that would provide a cost savings to the customer.
- May provide daily disbursement reports to CSR and archive file.
- Maintains good working relations with both Tooling Engineers and the Suppliers.
- Carries out the initiatives given by upper management in a timely manner.
- When applicable, operates Company vehicle safely and reports any mechanical problems; observes established procedures in reporting accidents.
- Develop and deliver oral presentations to a large audience
- Conducting customer education seminars to both internal and external customers
- Helping to monitor and improve customer disbursement process in order to conduct total quality tool management
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
- Developing training material for internal and external customers
Bachelor’s degree or related industry experience; a minimum of 3 years of knowledge and experience in the tooling industry and tool management preferred; Machine operator and programming experience is a plus; intermediate computer knowledge including Microsoft Office; Experience with ERP systems preferred; must yield satisfactory results from background check and drug screen; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required
Must be able to be on your feet for a good part of the day, walking the plant
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.