Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with those who supply products and services to the organization ensuring that vendors meet or exceed their obligations.
Support corporate global purchasing strategic objectives. Creates and executes plans to support those strategies and as part of the sourcing team achieve financial targets. Participate in sourcing activities for defined multiple commodities with a global supply base. Achieve annual cost reductions, keeping in constant contact with the existing supply base, evaluating new potential suppliers, organize supplier meetings, supplier location visits, and resourcing activities.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- Seek cost reduction opportunities and efficiencies including higher discounts, free or reduced freight, pricing contracts, EDI compliance and rebates. Prepares reports to track and demonstrate sourcing strategy and progress, including achievement of cost reduction targets
- Drives supply base optimization and negotiates with suppliers to meet technical requirements.
- Establish and monitor specific supply chain-based key performance measurements. (KPI and KPM, Vendor Score Card)
- Monitor supplier’s performance on Vendor Score Card on a regular basis developing continuous improvement plans where necessary and following through to ensure specific results occur.
- Manage suppliers in problem solving and tracking corrective actions, including but not limited to contracts, pricing, payment terms, quality issues, on time delivery, logistics errors, expediting, and supplier capacity restraints.
- Manages compliance of our customer specific requirements included in our business contracts IE Business Continuity surveys, Quality Agreements etc.
- Investigates and resolves any internal operations issues impacting customer service, coordinating with suppliers as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring operational and procedural excellence for Mahar.
- Develops and maintains corporate supplier contracts through developing contract language with suppliers to provide protection for Company’s long-term business interests.
- Supports cross-functional teams – Quality, Sales, and Purchasing and Operations
- Attend Industry Appropriate Trade Shows or Conferences
- Communicates new supplier technology to the appropriate personnel within organization
- Assist in developing minority supply base to meet company and customer goals and objectives
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Company’s Quality Manual.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of experience in purchasing
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to Travel Domestically and Globally
- CPM or CPSM Certification
- Makes sound decisions through critical thinking and reasoning
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving and time management skills
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple efforts/projects concurrently
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills. Able to operate independently with self-prioritization of workload
Computer Skills & Training Required:
Microsoft Office – advanced Excel experience
Post-offer and during the course of employment, Mahar Tool Supply Co, Inc. retains the right to evaluate or test whether the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.