Summary of Responsibilities:
Oversee, monitor and measure the entire activity of Inventory Control at specific customer location Maintains Item Plans, Obsolete and Excessive Inventory and helps establish and monitor optimal float levels within Mahar Tool and at customer. Performs duties and tasks consistent with the needs and requirements of the business.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee entire Inventory Control activity within customer specific programs.
- Organizes and oversees new program/product launches at customer locations.
- Organizes launch-related deliverables with timelines, such as the development of the Item Plans, item set ups within Mahar systems, obtaining customer signed inventory liability, and timing of appropriate inventory purchases.
- Maintains implements and oversees current liabilities for Item Plans at all related customer sites.
- Is responsible for ramp down of inventory in plant and at Mahar tool, for all outgoing products at customer locations.
- Responsible for tracking and rectifying all Obsolete and Excessive inventory
- May assume the supervision of Crib Attendants where applicable
- May asses Crib Attendant abilities and conduct the appraisal process where applicable
- establish working guidelines, processes and procedures as required for the improved development of the Inventory Control process
- Evaluate manpower in the tool management programs and make recommendations for adjustments as required
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with plant management
- Participate and contribute in Tool Management meetings with plant management
- Attends meetings with customer Purchasing as directed
- May work on other projects as assigned by upper management.
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
- Assists in cost savings activity related to inventory management.
Strategic Inter-Personnel Relationships Required:
Supervisory: Direct supervision of Crib Attendants where applicable
High school diploma, GED, or satisfactory results from Aptitude Test preferred; knowledge and experience in the tooling industry and tool management; basic computer knowledge; must pass drug test; must yield satisfactory results from Background Check; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Computer Skills or Training Required:
Microsoft Office knowledge including Word, Excel, Access, Project, Outlook & PowerPoint.
P21 reporting and training as it relates to the position
ISO awareness training
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.