Summary of Responsibilities:
Assists the IT Manager in regular functions and on special projects as requested. Duties vary and are assigned based on knowledge and skills. Creates and supports data applications as requested by management. Duties vary and are assigned based on knowledge and skills.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain system backups, archiving and disaster recovery for the ERP system, E-mail, EDI, user files, payroll.
- Implementation and administration of VMware, Citrix environment, Microsoft Servers, Active Directory environment, MS SQL, desktop/laptop environment, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 365, Barracuda Spam Filters, Prophet 21 ERP System.
- Works with project teams to help implement Internal Systems and provides expert support when necessary.
- Creates custom .NET, SQL, and Crystal Reports reporting and automation.
- Works with IT Manager and programmers in testing and debugging custom software.
Help Desk Support
- Provides Help Desk/Trouble Ticket support; Monitors trouble tickets and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Builds and Rebuilds laptops and desktops as needed.
- Inventory and Maintains the computer assignments.
- Implements additions, deletions and modifications to the supporting infrastructure company-wide in coordination with IT Manager.
- Works with service providers for troubleshooting.
- Implementation of network security at the corporate level.
- Implementation and administration of Mahar Tool Supply’s WAN, LAN and Domain Naming System (DNS).
- Travels between branches for network projects and other projects as directed.
- Ensures IT Manager is well informed, at all times, of project(s) status.
- Effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to IT Manager.
- Assists in IT ISO documentation
- Conducts Employee training on custom data applications, ERP applications, Microsoft Applications and others as requested by management.
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
- Assisting management in developing and implementing continuous improvements throughout all functions
- May work on other projects as assigned by upper management.
Bachelor’s degree in related field; 5 years of related experience; knowledge in Microsoft Server including Active Directory and MS SQL; advanced computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office and ERP System experience; Batch Programming or Visual Studio Programming (C#, VB and ASP.NET) a plus; must pass drug test and yield satisfactory results from background check; ability to multitask;
Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Required to view computer screen for long periods of time.
Post-offer and during the course of employment, Mahar Tool Supply Co, Inc. retains the right to evaluate or test whether the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position