Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs all duties related to the purchasing of materials and services.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders material for existing customers based on customer demand and inventory levels
- Interface with vendors as needed
- Process vendor returns
- Controls inventory levels in the warehouse; review and maintain warehouse inventory levels
- Reviews miscellaneous reports, such as slow moving and dead inventory
- Communicates with customer service regarding account and order information.
- Assists in troubleshooting invoice, receiving and inventory count discrepancies
- Reviews and resolves any vendor shipment discrepancy forms received, and initiates debit memos as needed
- Negotiates pricing and blankets with vendors
- Oversees product transfers between main warehouses
- Communicate with vendors to receive updated PO information
- Expedites orders from vendors as necessary
- Solicits and receives quotes from vendors and information as needed
- Creates new stock numbers and maintains them as necessary
- Initiates vendor set up paperwork when requested
- Assists with projects as assigned by management
- Performs necessary tasks to complete any item change forms per process
- Works to attain/retain positive relationships with vendors
- May make occasional customer visits as needed
- Assisting management in developing and implementing continuous improvements throughout all functions
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual
- Mentoring & training as needed
Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent experience, intermediate computer knowledge, including use of purchasing ERP systems, MS Office, etc.; ability to multitask; must pass drug test and yield satisfactory results from background check
Must be able to sit and type for extended periods of time.
Required to view computer screen for long periods of time.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Post-offer and during the course of employment, Mahar Tool Supply Co, Inc. retains the right to evaluate or test whether the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.