Summary of Responsibilities:
Uses technical skills to support financial accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger accounting.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain customer and vendor records
- Resolves issues regarding daily accounting processes related to invoice processing, payables processing, g/l account balancing, etc.
- Establishes and monitors financial and accounting controls and procedures.
- Assist in the reconciliation of the general ledger accounts, including support schedules
- Generates reports as needed/requested by Mahar personnel.
- Maintain Sales Rep assignments.
- Prepare annual 1099’s
- Prepares cash requirements and processes vendor payments
- Prepares Month end Sales reports
- Track and report freight expense for FCA
- Assist with International accounting
- Assist with audit requests
- Back up for all accounting positions.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for the reliability and integrity of financial data
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 8+ years of experience, or equivalent; computer proficiency; must pass drug test and yield satisfactory results from background check.
Computer Skills or Training Requirements:
Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
ISO awareness training
Must be able to type 4 – 8 hours daily.
Required to view computer screen for long periods of time.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Post-offer and during the course of employment, Mahar Tool Supply Co, Inc. retains the right to evaluate or test whether the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.