Summary of Responsibilities:
Conducts, coordinates and/or oversees sales of the 3M product line for Mahar Tool Supply customers. Works with customer to help find more uses for 3M products to increase sales. Constantly strives to achieve cost savings for the customer. Analyzes cost data to determine profitable initiatives. Helps to make a positive impact on the customer’s business. Continually looks for new 3M sales opportunities.
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates 3M product testing with customers
- Focuses on 3M product optimization by providing technical assistance and troubleshooting.
- Works with Tooling Engineers on all 3M opportunities related to quality and throughput.
- Assists sales staff with 3M product tests at customer locations, including operating parameters, monitoring data collection and reporting.
- Focuses on 3M product optimization.
- Provides cost analysis on current and new 3M items.
- May present 3M product data to customer engineering, management and finance.
- Attends or calls necessary meetings with Mahar sales staff, plant personnel as needed, including plant managers and manufacturing engineering managers.
- Keeps apprised of new 3M products and technology and introduces them to the customer.
- Makes 3M product suggestions based on best product for the application.
- Works with the customer and Mahar sales representative to get 3M product to the plant when needed.
- Works with manufacturing, engineering and management to assist in any 3M projects as needed that would provide a cost savings to the customer.
- Maintains good working relations with Mahar Tool sales staff and customers.
- Carries out the initiatives given by upper management in a timely manner.
- When applicable, operates Company vehicle safely and reports any mechanical problems; observes established procedures in reporting accidents.
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
- Developing 3M training material for internal and external customers
- Develop and deliver oral presentations to a large audience
- Conducts educational seminars to Mahar Tool employees and external customers
- Aiding in internal software/database development as it relates to your job function in efforts to automate and track initiatives
- Represents Company to customers and prospects in a specified marketing area or to a specified list of accounts.
- Submits call reports and expense reports as requested; may submit a variety of other reports.
- May search out and document cost savings for customer.
- Forecasts annual 3M sales
- Attends sales meetings and other company meetings as requested; may attend industry shows and conventions
- May make marketing recommendations to management pertaining to product, price and promotion
High school diploma, GED; knowledge and experience in the tooling industry preferred; experience with sales and abrasive products preferred; ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed; basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Office; must pass drug test; must yield satisfactory results from Background Check; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
Must be able to be on your feet for a good part of the day, walking the plant
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.