Summary of Responsibilities:
Achieves sales goals within selected territory by researching and establishing new accounts and maintain, manage and grow existing accounts.
Sales Territory: Lower Michigan, Upper Ohio, Parts of Indiana (may vary depending on location of candidate)
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents Company to customers and prospects in a specified marketing area or to a specified list of accounts.
- Calls on customers and takes orders for merchandise.
- Assists customer in attaining proper product for their needs. Introduces new items in the company lines; demonstrates features and uses; answers questions regarding product application.
- Calls on customers in economical and systematic order of rotation; analyzes and organizes activities in the territory and establishes a regular route to call on customers.
- May use samples, brochures and sales literature in contacts with customers and prospects.
- Keeps abreast of new ideas, equipment and processes.
- Works to attain new accounts via cold calls and leads.
- Attends sales meetings and other company meetings as requested; may attend industry shows and conventions.
- Assists in orienting and training new Technical Sales Staff
- Submits call reports as requested; may submit a variety of other reports.
- Assists customer service with customer questions and invoice payment problems.
- May assist in collecting from delinquent accounts; may obtain credit information from new customers.
- Maintains and updates master plans/ item plans and submits all appropriate forms and paperwork as needed.
- May make special, emergency or regular deliveries to the customer.
- Entertains customers and maintains good will.
- May perform inventory counts at TM customer locations.
- May make marketing recommendations to management pertaining to product, price, and promotion.
- May search out and document cost savings for customer.
- Utilizes company ERP system to monitor customer sales activity.
- Expected to maintain positive communication and working relationships with inside support group.
- As needed, works to move slow moving or obsolete inventory.
- Observes established policies and procedures pertaining to the use and maintenance of all company owned vehicles and equipment.
- Assumes responsibility and authority for executing job related duties outlined in the Mahar Tool Supply Co., Inc. Quality Manual.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience preferred; valid Driver’s license; satisfactory driving record; basic computer knowledge (including Microsoft Office products and ERP systems); must pass drug test and yield satisfactory results from background check.
Must be able to sit and/or drive up to 6 hours daily.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Post-offer and during the course of employment, Mahar Tool Supply Co, Inc. retains the right to evaluate whether the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.